Review of the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One
Posted by Ink Oasis on 3/29/2012
to Printer Reviews
You may already be aware that the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One has a decent reputation when it comes to multi-function printers. Interestingly enough, even people that are not usually happy with HP products find that this to be a truly wonderful product. Therefore, if you are trying to choose between a Lexmark and an HP with similar capabilities, this might be a good time to try an HP product.Ink Cartridges
· HP 56Y B (black – approx 250 pages), C (cyan), Y (yellow), M (magenta) – colors approx 300 pages
HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One—Features
· Print at 1200 x 600 dpi Black printing, 4800 x 1200 color printing – If you tend to worry less about the quality of printed text documents, being able to save ink with a lower dpi will be of benefit to you.
· Full flat bed copier and scanner at 1200 dpi – perfect for scanning important documents as well as photos that you might want to share in emails or online.
· Print direct from memory cards – do you have a good quality camera that makes use a memory card? Why bother transferring all those files to your computer when you can use the memory slots on the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One for direct printing instead.
· Print direct from cell phone and WIFI – if you use your cell phone for taking a wide range of printers, you will not have to send them to the computer first.
What Users like about the product
· Good quality printing
Mark Wilson – To be honest, I was out to buy the cheapest printer ink
I could find. The HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One offered the right price and the right level of quality. I also want to say it is very durable so far, and I feel it will work well for some time to come.
Clara Coleman – Even though HP printers tend to be mixed in terms of print quality, the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One is definitely one of the better ones. I do not hesitate to recommend this printer to anyone that wants good quality photo and text printing.
What users don't like about the product
· ink hog
· must use HP paper to get good print quality
Nancy Bell – I bought this printer thinking that it would save ink as well as produce good quality documents. Unfortunately, the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One did not live up to my expectations in this department at all.
Charles Stevens – When I first bought this printer, it seemed like the printing was quite poor. I called the company and was told to use paper manufactured by HP. Even though that helped, this paper is more expensive than other brands. That makes me very disappointed with the overall performance of the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One.
For the most part, we feel that the HP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One is a reasonably good choice for anyone that wants a good quality printer. That said, if ink consumption and paper cost will present a problem, you should look to other models. This includes ones from other manufacturers that will work well with any kind of paper.