Review of the Canon PIXMA MP280
Posted by Ink Oasis on 4/1/2012
to Printer Reviews
If you are looking for an inkjet printer for photo printing, you may find that the Canon PIXMA MP280 will suit your needs. Aside from being produced by a leading manufacturer of printers, there is no question that Canon has a high degree of brand loyalty. Therefore, if you are looking for a better printer for special tasks, the Canon PIXMA MP280 might be a suitable choice.
Canon Ink Cartridges Required
· Canon PG 210XL (black), CL 211XL (color)
Canon PIXMA MP280—Features
· 4800 dpi inkjet print resolution. Ideal print resolution if you want good quality printing without extremely high ink consumption.
· Full bed scanning. If you have old files, pictures, or other documents, you can easily scan and save copies right on the computer.
· Mac Compatible. Perfect for anyone that has a MAC computer, and does not like HP printers.
· Print movie clips. Ideal if you favor specific movies and want to make prints of specific frames.
What Users like about the product
· bargain priced
· small footprint
Steven Maxwood – I was very pleased to find a bargain priced printer that produced 4800 dpi color prints. Even though I know there are better printer ink
quality resolutions on the market, it seemed this one would suit my needs. I am happy to say that this printer is worth what I spent on it. To anyone that is thinking about buying a Lexmark because it has a higher dpi for the same price – don't do it! I am living proof that the Canon will always provide better print quality.
Tillia Jones – There are so many huge printers on the market; I actually started using a tape measure to the stores while making a purchasing decision. The Canon PIXMA MP280 is truly a nice little printer that fits just right on my desk.
What users don't like about the product
· poor quality photo printing
· paper jams, or printer says there is no paper even when it is loaded.
Lucinda Yeager – Every time I complained about the print quality from my Lexmark printer, people told me to try a Canon. I was so disappointed when this printer did not do much better. Even though the images were not as fuzzy, they still weren't as vibrant as I was expecting.
Travis Beecher – I can safely say that the Canon PIXMA MP280 is incredibly frustrating to deal with. It has endless paper jams, and other problems. Not one single print task has gone right since I bought this printer.
Even though the Canon PIXMA MP280 appears to have a mixed reputation in terms of print quality, we feel that it will suit most needs. If you need a low cost printer for school or home using the Canon PIXMA MP280 should work for your needs. That said, if you happen to get a unit that jams up often, it may be a good idea to send it back to the manufacturer for repair.