Canon PIXMA iP3600 Review
Posted by Ink Oasis on 4/4/2012
to Printer Reviews
Today, many people that are determined to stay with inkjet printers look to the Canon PIXMA iP3600 as a reliable and affordable option. No matter whether they are looking for good quality color printing or the ability to print from a wide range of devices, the Canon PIXMA iP3600 tends to outclass other printers in the same price range. That said, if you are set on having a multi-function device, this printer will not suit your needs.
Ink Cartridges Required
· Canon PGI 220 Black cartridge, CLI 221 Y (yellow), C (cyan), M (magenta)
Canon PIXMA iP3600 —Features
· Color inkjet printing at 9600 dpi. When you want to print photos, invitations, brochures, or letterhead, you are sure to appreciate 9600 dpi resolution.
· USB connection. Ideal for anyone that wants fast printing from a home computer.
· Print directly from cell phone. Printing directly from your cell phone is incredibly easy when you install one simple app that will enable your printer to receive files directly from your phone.
· Mac compatible. If you care about the quality of your computer, there is no question you will also appreciate being able to hook up your MAC to this printer.
What Users like about the product
· good quality printing
· Mac compatibility
Shane Callaway – I was very impressed with the print quality of Canon PIXMA iP3600. At 9600 dpi, I was actually afraid it would be a train wreck similar to a Lexmark version. Thankfully, Canon has once again delivered on high quality printing that meets all of my photo printing needs.
Debra Hanson – I have owned a MAC for many years, but always cringe when time comes to buy a new printer. Setting up Canon PIXMA iP3600 was very easy, and it provides me with excellent service till today.
What users don't like about the product
· ink expensive and must replace color cartridges even if black has ink
· problems with USB port
Linda Grove – Even though the Canon PIXMA iP3600 prints exceptionally well, it is an ink hog. I could not believe how fast the ink ran out, as well as the cost of replacement cartridges. Unfortunately, once one tank is out of ink, you can't even use any of the others to do other print jobs.
Seth Ellis – I did not want a wireless printer because there tend to be so many issues with batteries and other problems. Since I have always trusted Canon, the USB connection was definitely a deciding factor with the Canon PIXMA iP3600. Sadly, as soon as I fired this printer up, the port kept malfunctioning. It still does not work right, even though I sent it back to the company. Nice printing, if you can get it to actually work.
We feel that Canon PIXMA iP3600 is ideal for people that need to produce high quality prints. That said, if you are concerned about the cost of Canon printer ink
, this printer is not likely to be very appealing. Issues with the USB port lead us to believe this printer is not as durable as others produced by the same manufacturer.