Canon PIXMA MX410 Review
Posted by Ink Oasis on 3/31/2012
to Printer Reviews
Over the years, many people have looked to the Canon PIXMA MX410 for a wide range of office needs. If you want an affordable multi-function printer combined with good manufacturer reputation, the Canon PIXMA MX410 is sure to suit your needs. As may be expected, if you have owned Canon printers in the past, you are sure to appreciate this one every bit as much as others that you happen to own.Canon Printer Ink
· Canon PG 210XL (Black), CL 211XL (color)
Canon PIXMA MX410 —Features
· 4800 x 4800 dpi inkjet printing. This dpi is ideal if you want good quality printing for school work or office work.
· 1200 x 2400 flatbed scanning. Perfect if you have old mementos or other high quality scanning needs.
· Fax. Why waste space on a fax machine when the Canon PIXMA MX410 can easily take care of all your faxing needs.
· Print from cell phone. If you want to print good quality pictures directly from your cell phone, download one free app and the Canon PIXMA MX410 will do the rest of the job for you.
What Users like about the product
· low price
· easy to install
Jerome Reese – I was very pleased to find such a low cost multi-function printer available from Canon. In fact, I passed up a cheaper Lexmark, even though I have always been satisfied with their products. This Canon, however, works so well, I would not go back to Lexmark.
Tiffany Earl – Over the years, it seems like I have purchased every recalcitrant printer on the market when it comes to installation. The Canon PIXMA MX410 was incredibly easy to install. I cannot get over that, let alone the fact that it works perfectly each time I need to print something.
What users don't like about the product
· poor print quality
· fax does not work properly
Sean Freewood – I was horrified at the first print job from the Canon PIXMA MX410. In fact, it was so bad, I went back over all the installation instructions, and came up with the same mess. Even the manufacturer could not provide me with any kind of help or support.
Tracy Weiss – I bought the Canon PIXMA MX410 primarily because I wanted a fax machine as well as a printer in one device. Sadly, the fax machine does not work well at all. Recipients get garbled images. I even had a few instances where I was told that faxes were sent even though I never heard the phone dial out.
Overall, we feel that the Canon PIXMA MX410 will be of use to anyone that wants a cheap multi-function inkjet printer. That said, we were distinctly troubled by the fact that the fax unit may not work properly. If you are going to replace other office equipment in favor of the Canon PIXMA MX410, it may be of some use to test this unit out thoroughly before throwing away your old machines.