Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 Review
Posted by Ink Oasis on 4/5/2012
to Printer Reviews
The Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 is gaining a fairly good reputation as a multi-function device. In fact, if you are looking for an affordable multi-function laser printer, few will serve your needs as well as this one. No matter whether you want a dedicated printer for your office, or need a new one for the home office center, the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 can easily suit all of your needs.
Toner Cartridges Required
· Canon X25 toner
– approximately 2500 page yield
Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 —Features
· Black and white laser printing. If you are looking for a basic laser printer with good toner usage, then the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 should be at the top of your list.
· Includes fax capability. When you need to transmit information quickly to someone that does not have email, you can easily do so with a fax machine.
· Photocopier and scanner. Do you have old books or files that need to be digitized? When you make use of the full flatbed scanner on the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240, the entire task will be manageable.
· USB connection. Why put up with flaky wireless connections or slow parallel port printing when you can enjoy all the advantages of a USB port?
What Users like about the product
· good quality faxes
· durable and long lasting
Richard Brach – I often have to fax purchase orders as well as receipts for various items to the main office. The quality of the scans and faxes produced by the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 is truly impressive. In fact, it works better than the dedicated fax machine that I have been using for years.
Timothy Adams – I have had this printer for several months now, and it shows no sign of failing. Even though I print well over 50 items each day, the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 is truly living up to the Canon reputation for creating long lasting printers.
What users don't like about the product
· toner is expensive
· poor quality printing
Clarina Mott – Even though I am impressed with some features of the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240, its tendency to go through ink like crazy is a serious problem. I thought lasers were supposed to be more efficient in this respect. Sadly, you won't get that kind of value from the toner used in this printer. On top of that, replacement toner is expensive.
Lydia Lawrence – I have always owned Canon printers and routinely look to them for good quality. I was shocked and abhorred to find that the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 had such poor quality printing. If you are looking for a good laser printing for letterhead, this printer definitely won't meet your needs.
Overall, we feel that the Canon ImageCLASS MF3240 carries the standard Canon hallmarks of durability and reliability. Since it does not have the level of print quality as others in its class, we feel that you might be better off looking for another device. In addition, if long term budget is an issue, the toner cost is bound to be a problem.