Brother TN110 TN115 Color Toner Reset
Posted by Ink Oasis on 4/10/2012
to Laser Printer Toner
Oh no, The "Toner Life End" message has appeared on your printer and
you don't have another cartridge and your in the middle of a print job.
You can try shaking the cartridge but unfortunately that won't make the
"Toner Life End" message go away even if there is still some toner in
the cartridge. Lucky for you there is a way to reset the printers toner cartridges which will clear the message and get you a little extra yield out of your toners.
The process below should work on the following Brother Printer that use the Brother TN110 and TN115 color toner cartridges:
DCP-9040 CN, DCP-9045 CDN, HL-4040 CDN, HL-4040CN, HL-4070CDW, MFC-9440CN, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-9840CDW
Here are the steps to take to reset the toner cartridges in your printer.
- With printer powered on, open the toner access door. (You will see a “Cover is Open” message on the LCD screen.)
- Press the “Clear/Back” button to get to the “Reset Menu”
- At the Reset Menu you can then scroll through the following reset options for your printer’s toner cartridges:
- B.TNR-S – Black TN-110K Standard Capacity Toner Cartridge
- B.TNR-H – Black TN-115K High Capacity Toner Cartridge
- C.TNR-S – Cyan TN-110C Standard Capacity Toner Cartridge
- C.TNR-H – Cyan TN-115C High Capacity Toner Cartridge
- M.TNR-S – Magenta TN-110M Standard Capacity Toner Cartridge
- M.TNR-H – Magenta TN-115M High Capacity Toner Cartridge
- Y.TNR-S – Yellow TN-110Y Standard Capacity Toner Cartridge
- Y.TNR-H – Yellow TN-115Y High Capacity Toner Cartridge
- Select the proper size and the color of the toner cartridge you want to reset,
then press OK.
- Each cartridge must be reset individually. Press “1″ to reset.
- Press “Clear/Back” to get out of the menu, then close the door.