Brother MFC-J280W Inkjet Printer Review
Posted by Ink Oasis on 1/28/2012
to Inkjet Printer Ink
As with other inkjet printers, the Brother MFC-J280W is favored by individuals looking for a multi function device that will cost less than $100.00. Since the Brother MFC-J280W is one of the cheaper printers on the market, most will tell you not to expect a great deal in quality and durability. That said, it is still fairly popular in largely paperless offices that have a minimal need for printers and other paper based devices.
Brother MFC-J280W Ink Cartridges Required
· LC71BK (black), LC71C (cyan), LC71M (magenta), LC71Y (yellow). Standard yield printer ink
· LC75BK (black), LC75C (cyan), LC75M (magenta), LC75Y (yellow). High yield inkjet cartridges
Brother MFC-J280W —Features
· Touch screen panel. Why waste time with annoying buttons when you can use an intuitive touch screen to access all of the functions provided by the Brother MFC-J280W?
· Wireless compatible. If you love wireless keyboards, mice and other devices, then you are sure to appreciate being able to use your printer without cables.
· 6000 x 1200 dpi printing. High quality printing that can easily be used for letterhead, graphs, brochures, and much more.
· Photocopier. Do you hate it when you have to go to the accountant or doctor, and need to ask for copies of documents that you brought along. With the Brother MFC-J280W you can make as many copies as you need without having to feel embarrassed.
· Fax. No matter whether you need to send or receive faxes, the Brother MFC-J280W can easily take the place of your existing fax machine.
· Print from cell phone with free app download. If you snapped an important picture with your cell phone, do not hesitate to print it once you download an app that will send the image directly to your printer.
What Users like about the product
· Wireless setup
· Easy to use touch screen
Melinda B. – As strange as it may sound, I truly don't have room in my home office for a printer. The wireless option on the Brother MFC-J280W is wonderful. I am able to keep the printer in my living room, without having to drag my laptop in there to hook it up.
Roger H. – I never could figure out all the buttons on other multi-function printers. The touch screen on the Brother MFC-J280W is wonderful. Each menu is intuitive, and I can easily make the most of everything this printer has to offer.
What users don't like about the product
· Ink is expensive and runs out fast
· Poor quality print
Braden H. – I had heard rumors about how quickly laser printers go through toner. This is the main reason why I stay with inkjet printers. Unfortunately, the Brother MFC-J280W goes through ink so fast I'm sure I could do better with a laser machine.
Sulima K. – Over the years, I've come to expect less than perfect printing from inkjets when compared to laser printers. The Brother MFC-J280W was so bad, even a Canon I have from ten years ago does a better job.
If you are looking for a high quality printer, the Brother MFC-J280W is not the best choice. That said, it is ideal for anyone that needs an affordable wireless color multifunction printer. You should still consider other printers if you need to do a lot of printing, since ink cartridges are expensive.