A Brief Review of the Brother MFC-J825DW
Posted by Ink Oasis on 1/29/2012
to Inkjet Printer Ink
Even though many people are moving away from inkjet printers, the Brother MFC-J825DW is still fairly popular with students and individuals that need a wide range of computer peripherals in a home office setting. As with other Brother products, consumers tend to feel that these devices are less durable than those created by other manufacturers. However, the ability to purchase a Brother printer and ink cartridges in just about any store tends to be appealing.
Brother MFC-J825DW Ink Cartridges Required
· LC71BK (black), LC71C (cyan), LC71M (magenta), LC71Y (yellow). Standard yield printer ink cartridges
· LC75BK (black), LC75C (cyan), LC75M (magenta), LC75Y (yellow). High yield inkjet cartridges
Brother MFC-J825DW —Features
· Printer. Even if your office is paperless, you can always print important documents without having to go to a stationary store.
· Scanner. Easily digitize old photos, files, and other information for permanent digital storage.
· Fax machine. When you need to send paper documents fast, there are few things as easy and reliable as a home based fax machine.
· Print direct from memory cards. If you want to print from camera memory sticks or other flash media, you will find it very easy with the Brother MFC-J825DW.
· Print from cell phone after installing free app. Never worry about losing an important picture when you can send it straight from your cell phone to the printer.
· Touch screen panel. Easily navigate between all the functions offered by the Brother MFC-J825DW.
What Users like about the product
· Easy to setup
· Can print directly onto printable CD and DVD Discs
Craig F. – Over the years, I've dealt with a lot of HP, Cannon, and Lexmark printers. I must say that the Brother MFC-J825DW was the easiest to setup. Not only did the printer work perfectly, I also had no problems with the fax and scanner.
Gretta L. – Over the holidays, I wanted to create a bunch of CDs with images for the family. Was I ever surprised when I found out the Brother MFC-J825DW could print right on the CD. Definitely an unexpected but pleasant bonus.
What Users Don't Like about the product
· Does not last very long
· Poor quality printing
Tara M. – They used to joke about hard drives that didn't last more than two minutes when I went to college. I was vividly reminded of that when this printer completely died after I had only printed three pages.
Kevin T. – I thought the test pages looked pretty messy, and could never get this printer to work properly. The Brother MFC-J825DW is useless if you want to produce anything remotely readable.
For the most part, we feel the Brother MFC-J825DW is a good choice for small and medium sized businesses that need to occasionally print and make copies in color. That said, if you want an affordable multi-function color printer, some of its other features may have some appeal to you.